Welcome to Imagine-PS - The #1 RSPS Customs Server

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Max Power

Prestige icons

Hey, recently I wanted to show off my prestige rank, which is when I thought of this.

When displaying your prestige, you have to show so much details into your title, leading to little space for actual messages.
Example (you can see my name, rank etc takes up half the chatbox before the actual message):
59DjADB.png

So I thought we could add yell/chat icons for prestige aswell. The idea is based on what diablo 3 does with paragon levels.
They unlock new icons at lvl 1,10,20,30,40,50.. and so on.

This does take some effort in designing, but what diablo does is that the first icon would be a simple icon, the 2nd would build on the first design,
3rd would build even more on 2nd icon until it eventually becomes a series of awesome icons to show off.

This implementation would save lots of space in the chatboxes which means you can have large messages without using several lines.
It would be places next to the other icons such as donator or moderator etc.

It should be noted that this idea could also apply to npckills with similar icon progress.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I agree, the [P100] there just takes so much space, instead adding icons would make it more clean i guess? Same with the npckills. So in my opinion it should be done to make the chat clean :) Nice idea btw :) So i agree with all you said there :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If you can provide decent looking icons in PNG, JPEG, or GIF format with transparent or Magenta colored backgrounds (FF00FF), they'll go up on next client update. :)

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Karan said:

If you can provide decent looking icons in PNG, JPEG, or GIF format with transparent or Magenta colored backgrounds (FF00FF), they'll go up on next client update. :)

 

Awesome, I don't have any experience at all as a graphic designer tho. Is it possible to use prestige icons from call of duty etc? Theres lots of them to pick from.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Max Power said:

Awesome, I don't have any experience at all as a graphic designer tho. Is it possible to use prestige icons from call of duty etc? Theres lots of them to pick from.

Thought about that, but issue with that is, the CoD ranks have a lot of details, and at 15x15, it'll look not the best. But I'll show you some images, you let me know.

Image 1: Click Here 

Image 2: Click Here

Image 3: Click Here

Image 4: Click Here

Image 5: Click Here

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Karan said:

Thought about that, but issue with that is, the CoD ranks have a lot of details, and at 15x15, it'll look not the best. But I'll show you some images, you let me know.

Image 1: Click Here 

Image 2: Click Here

Image 3: Click Here

Image 4: Click Here

Image 5: Click Here

Ye I also checked out those!
Image 1 - details are too small, not fit for 15x15
Image 2 - quite boring tbh
Image 3 - best option imo, simple details that sets them apart, go for this one :D
Image 4 - way too much details for 15x15
Image 5 - way too much details for 15x15

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Max Power said:

Ye I also checked out those!
Image 1 - details are too small, not fit for 15x15
Image 2 - quite boring tbh
Image 3 - best option imo, simple details that sets them apart, go for this one :D
Image 4 - way too much details for 15x15
Image 5 - way too much details for 15x15

Yeah 4 and 5 are probably going to look like shit that small lol, and I also liked 3 :P Never seen it before, not too boring, not too much detail.

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0