Welcome to Imagine-PS - The #1 RSPS Customs Server

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Karan

Drop Potential

Drop Potential

• A system to help players who kill hundreds of the same monster without getting a single rare.

How Does It Work

• Every kill you get is added onto a list of monsters you've killed while you've been logged in.
  • Every monster you kill gets its own list.
  • Once the kill amount equals the amount suggested for each monster (Shown Below), your DP increments by 1%.
  • You can have up to 100% DP per monster, which means there's a 100% chance of you getting a rare drop on next kill for that monster.
  • Each monster has its own DP, meaning 10% DP generated from Chickens cannot be applied to Lucky Knights.

What Do The Numbers Mean

• Chance of Rare: 1 / ( 100 * ( 1 / DP ) )
  • So if you have DP of 50% and killing a monster with 1/200 drop rate. You have a 1/2 chance of getting a rare drop next kill on that monster.

Kills Required for Increment of DP (+20 kills for the first percent)

• Lucky Knight: 70
  • Hank The Tank: 70
  • Gorak: 70
  • Tormented Demon: 70
  • Warped Terrobird: 120
  • Insectoid Assassin: 120
  • Ursaring: 120
  • Scyther: 120
  • Lion: 120
  • Totodile: 120
  • Transformed Horse: 140
  • Tzhaar-Xil: 120
  • Arrav Hero: 120
  • Jolteon: 120
  • Rainbow Unicorn: 120
  • Ganodermic Beast: 70
  • Ethereal Mage: 120
  • Turtle: 70
  • Evil Turnip: 120
  • Undead Hero: 120
  • Nagith Nurn: 140
  • Alien Demon: 120
  • Rage Vorago: 70
  • ALL OTHERS: 200

Negatives

• There are none, this only helps players, does not in any way effect the previous drop system negatively.
4 people like this

can u maybe add it to corp i am over 400 corps dry atm

but its a nice add on i like it

Edited by i am alive

Thanks for the explanation Karan! :)

6 minutes ago, i am alive said:

can u maybe add it to corp i am over 400 corps dry atm

but its a nice add on i like it

Or Vorago:)

I'd like to see the other two donor zones, Corpse Mage and Caitlin are the NPCs there, also Vorago, Corp, and Donorboss would be great add-ons. 

I don't see donor boss on this list, it's as if you don't want me to get a donator sword drop. 

OT: Thanks for the explanation Karan.

This is brilliant, Karan. Nice work to you and whomever else worked on it.

Could do with lower killcount for 1% DP tbh if it resets upon logging out. Most people wont have opportunity to utilize this to their advantage. 

An example would be that most players take around 2.5 minutes to finish a vorago. If the KC to gain 1% DP is 150. u do realize that it will take them 6 hours to even benefit from this update? I highly doubt someone would grind the same boss for over 6 hours though, much less to benefit from extra 1% to drop. I would suggest that the KC be lowered to a more realistic value. 

Edited by 888

Now what if you are a iron man, will the numbers still be the same? 

Thanks karan for the implementation, and you are all welcome by the way :)

1 person likes this

What if im grinding Ursaring?  Ursarings droprate is 1/68.  Getting the 60 necessary kills to raise my dp to 1% will turn my drop rate into 1/100 unless i get a drop in the first 60 kills.  This means i have to get another 60 kills to get my droprate back down to 1/50.  This is the same for any NPC with a droprate lower than 1/100.  This caters to players that have been here awhile and alienates new ones.  Also this system makes your droprate % only count for your first 25-90 kills (depending on what your grinding).   So all the grinding for lucky comp or gilded slayer helm is almost useless since it doesnt carry over into the dp % kills.  This also affects ironman and HC ironman  So after you get into the 1% dp drop the row and put some better gear on.

In short Your dp% is now your new Droprate.

All based on...

What Do The Numbers Mean

• Chance of Rare: 1 / ( 100 * ( 1 / DP ) )
  • So if you have DP of 50% and killing a monster with 1/200 drop rate. You have a 1/2 chance of getting a rare drop next kill on that monster.

Edited by Dbol
1 person likes this

1 hour ago, Dbol said:

What if im grinding Ursaring?  Ursarings droprate is 1/68.  Getting the 60 necessary kills to raise my dp to 1% will turn my drop rate into 1/100 unless i get a drop in the first 60 kills.  This means i have to get another 60 kills to get my droprate back down to 1/50.  This is the same for any NPC with a droprate lower than 1/100.  This caters to players that have been here awhile and alienates new ones.  Also this system makes your droprate % only count for your first 25-90 kills (depending on what your grinding).   So all the grinding for lucky comp or gilded slayer helm is almost useless since it doesnt carry over into the dp % kills.  This also affects ironman and HC ironman  So after you get into the 1% dp drop the row and put some better gear on.

In short Your dp% is now your new Droprate.

All based on...

It does not alienate new players to the zone. The system follows the one with better chance. If your Drop Rate bonus benefits you, that's used. If your DP benefits you, that's used. Getting 50 kills without logging out or getting a rare on Hank the Tank is would be rare, which would result in the DP becoming reset.

1 person likes this